Saturday, February 28, 2009

My very own Tandor Kitchen


The other night I made chicken tikka masala for the first time ever. It wasn't as authentic as it could be since I bought the sauce (I love this brand - Patak's - as they have recipes on all their jars!) but it was delicious. And has made me want to get definitely more ambitious in the Indian cooking department. I still shy away from lots of spices as I feel I wouldn't know what to do with all of them - how to mix them correctly, how much to put in etc etc. But I do think getting better with spices is a good cooking goal to have, and one I hope to meet eventually.

I love the sense of accomplishment (only recently discovered for me) that comes with cooking an entire meal. I actually worried quite a bit throughout the day about how the meal would turn out that night and so it was fabulous when it worked out perfectly. I find that the more I cook the more I am inspired to do more. I spent a little while Friday morning curled up in bed with some cookbooks planning future menus. It's something I could not have imagined doing a year ago, but something I am very glad to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment